Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Free People Me

I've been inspired by this company ever since I got my first blouse from them for Christmas in tenth grade. Now almost four years later my fashion sense has grown and matured but this brand is still ever present in my top selections of pieces I desire. Free People has evolved into a contemporary modern brand for young woman to be able to have a unique shopping experience while walking out feeling confident with their purchase. After reading their story on the website I found this description of the target market they are trying to reach one of the best I've ever read," a 26-year-old girl, smart, creative, confident and comfortable in all aspects of her being, free and adventurous, sweet to tough to tomboy to romantic. A girl who likes to keep busy and push life to its limits, with traveling and hanging out and everything in between. Who loves Donovan as much as she loves The Dears, and can't resist petting any dog that passes her by on the street.". This description truly gives you an idea of what exactly this brand is trying to achieve.



In the last year with the popularity of Instagram Free People has launched the #fpme campaign to get their followers to show off how they style their favorite pieces. You link these pictures to your account on FreePeople.com and connect with other people to get ideas for styling and to heart their looks. Free People even re-Instagram's some of their favorite looks that are included with the hashtag. This whole month they're also running a contest called FP Off The Runway Sweeps if you title your FPMe picture with this title you could win a $500 Free People wardrobe. It's an awesome way to get connected with others who share your passion for the Free People spirit.







I've decided to finally post my first FPMe style pic today with some of my favorite fall items I've picked up from Free People. After seeing this jacket for the first time in the July catalog issue I knew I had to have it. I was looking for a similar jacket last winter but didn't find one that suited my fancy. It's beginning to get cold enough in Central Pennsylvania I'm so excited to be able to finally wear it! I found these Free People patterned jeans at a local boutique called Connections in State College. Going from freezing to a mid 60 degree afternoon takes some layers. I paired some short boots, a sheer burgundy blouse, and graphic tank from H&M with these Free People pieces to create today's fall look. Also I chose to wear my favorite statement necklace today, a petrified butterfly wing I got in St. Thomas from the butterfly farm. Let me know what you think!




No comments:

Post a Comment