Friday, September 6, 2013

Summertime Sadness

Unfortunately, living in Central Pennsylvania the first week of September has already brought frost covered lawn mornings and nippy nights out with friends. It's starting to feel a lot like fall around here, but I'm not quite ready to put away all of my summertime clothes! I love when you can wear a certain necklace, tank top, or skirt and you can just instantly remember that fun summer moment that you had in them.



Some people don't understand how girls can have sentiment towards pieces of clothing. Well I can tell you their are certain tees in my closet that I will never part with. Whether it was the first sweatshirt a boyfriend ever gave you or that dress you always felt unstoppable in when you went out, there are just certain things you can let go of.  Especially with a girls favorite piece of jewelry, that piece you feel naked if you're not wearing. When you can wear something that makes you feel powerful or more confident that's a beautiful element to add to any outfit.



Today's outfit is boho casual for a lazy, tad bit chilly, Friday afternoon. My blouse is from Free People, undershirt a DIY reverse tie-dye tank, and a simple cotton knit maxi skirt from LOFT. This combination of some of my favorite summertime pieces kept me comfortable in the chilly PA wind but still gave me the sweet memories of the great summer just passed.



No comments:

Post a Comment