Monday, October 28, 2013

Halloweird Weekend Update!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend filled with costume parties, good friends, great drinks, and wonderful memories made. It's as if the festivities have just begun because the next weekend is even closer to the actual date of Halloween. I'm also thrilled to see my niece and nephew in their costumes ready to go Trick-or-Treating this week!! Nothing can bring me more happiness than to see the joy of a child around the holidays and to be reminded of how easy it should be to be thankful for all those little things.


It preparation for my costume I had to do some re-sewing as far as the leather scraps for the skirt and re-attach a button for the one shoulder top. My costume is completely homemade, I just wish I could say I made the headdress myself. I ordered it from this Etsy shop the World of Feathers. It was well worth the $80 as it provides me with a costume for years and years to come. I used leather scraps to create my skirt and top, while I paired these with some Minnetonka Moccasins. Indians can have so much fun and freedom as far as the make-up goes because the face paints were very traditional in their culture.





I was accompanied by a dark angel, an ice princess, a cat, bat women, and chuckie.


No comments:

Post a Comment