Monday, November 25, 2013

Practicing For The Holiday Party Season

Woohoo! Everyone is officially on fall break and it feels so good and much deserved. Although I am jealous of all those who are able to travel for the break somewhere warm and beautiful, I will make the best of staying home. State College is really starting to feel the chill of winter coming on and I am preparing myself for the bitter cold winter ahead.



Today I am dressing it up a notch for work and practicing a look that would be acceptable to go straight from work to a holiday party (being as this may be something I am faced with in the next month). I'm going with a classic red fit and flare dress from the LOFT, tights are a necessity in this weather. I also decided to go with a little ankle sock to keep my feet extra warm in a pair of heel booties, from Hautelook. For work I am also wearing a tuxedo style blazer over the dress, but this is something that could totally be ditched for the party look. This classic base allows you to have fun with a lot of sparkly accessories and even a scarf if you want! My favorite peacoat will keep me toasty in blistering winds.



No comments:

Post a Comment