Sunday, September 10, 2017

Delaware River Tubing!















Adventure awaits on the Delaware River! This was the absolute perfect way (in my eyes) to spend Memorial Day. I heard about this stretch of the river from a Facebook video from the Thrillist and I just knew I had to go. It was definitely one of the last warm enough days of the season to enjoy it too, a perfect 85 degree day. We chose to go on the New Jersey side of the river with the Delaware River Tubing company in Frenchtown, New Jersey. You can rent a tube, kayak or canoe for your adventure down the river. It was $50 a person for our double tube which also included lunch from the Famous River Hotdog Man and two free passes for next year. The hotdogs weren't that amazing but let me tell you they were the perfect break through your 4 hours of tubing. I did risk it and take my iPhone, obviously by the photos above, but did protect it with a plastic baggie. Next year Spencer and I will definitely save a few bucks and just buy some tubes ourselves! Just have to bring two cars, one for your drop off point and one for pick up a few miles down. We saw plenty of good spots in Bucks County on the PA side to park but you want to float down the river on the New Jersey side because it is deeper! 

No comments:

Post a Comment